Justin left Friday evening for a shin-dig in Portland, aka Ian's bachelor party.
Ryan and I spent the whole weekend with my Dad (my Mom is in England).
This morning we got into the car and drove to Seattle. Woodlawn Park Zoo was our destination.
Ryan was our tour guide, free of charge.
We went almost to every exhibit, but I'm only showing you a few of our favorites.
The gorillas...
The giraffe...
Somehow the camera blurred out the background - I haven't been able to figure out this feature since I bought the camera. Of all days when I actually want the background, it blurred it out so you can't see the cute giraffe... whatever, I hate technology.
The dinosaurs...
Ryan was so excited to see the different dinosaurs,
until he walked around the corner and saw this...
He ran back to us with the fear of death in his eyes.
Since T-Rex is Ryan's favorite dinosaur, we knew we couldn't leave with him terrified.
So, after a trip to the gift shop and a second tour of the dinosaur exhibit, Ryan didn't feel so scared in Papa's arms
Thanks Dad for taking us to the zoo.
It was the most perfect day!







4 comments:
Cute! Loved your comment about hating technology.
How does the Woodland Park compare to Pt. D?
Both zoos are awesome. PDZ is great because it's small so you can see all of it without spending the whole day there. Plus it's local, so it's ok to pop in and out whenever you're bored. WPZ is so big - like huge. In fact, I was exhausted walking around. However, it has so many more exhibits and gorgeous grounds. There is a farm area where you can pet the animals and a worm center where you learn about all that stuff. Plus the exhibits are huge and it doesn't feel crowded like the PDZ sometimes does. I do love the PDZ's kids area - I didn't find one at WPZ, at least where I was.
Chrissy, where is Woodlawn Park Zoo? I have only heard and been to Woodland, but they don't have dinosaurs.
OMG Rick! That is sooooo embarrassing! Why didn't you tell me about this last month WHEN I POSTED???? I hate autocorrect - can I blame it on that???? lol
Post a Comment