Saturday, February 26, 2011

What a day...

Today started out pretty good.

We ran some errands, ie shopped 'til we dropped, ate some lunch, and leisurely got ready to attend Maille's 4th birthday party at the local bowling alley

That was until 3 minutes before we left, our pipes busted, flooding our garage.

Seriously.

While Justin was making a cup of coffee to go, he heard what sounded like our washer pouring out water (as if he knows what that sounds like, but whatever)

He opened up the door to our garage, and started yelling at me.

After a few swear words, frantically running around, he found the emergency nozzle to turn off the water to our house.

While Justin was busy, I ran into my linen closet and grabbed every towel I could find. I threw them on the pool of water, trying to soak up as much of it as I could. (It started surrounding my electric heating system, so you can see where I was going with this.)

As for what Ryan was doing during this situation,

well...

 he was jumping up and down, happily yelling

 "Look at the waterfall"

Seriously?

Yes!

While Justin was sweeping the water out of garage, after we emptied it out of course, we found the culprit.


This little guy blew off the pipe.

This little cap caused all this.

This little piece of faulty @$%^ ruined all my towels, soaked my Uggs slippers, flooded my garage, and made for a very bad day.

Thank goodness this day is coming to an end.

P.S. After the clean up, we went to Maille's birthday party. Justin and his dad went to Home Depot afterwards. Twenty bucks later, we were able to turn the water back on.




1 comment:

NickandKatieAdams said...

Oh no! Thank goodness it was an easy fix. I can just see Ryan jumping up and down.