Wednesday, February 9, 2011

No pictures, just an update

This morning Justin said something that hurt my feelings. It hurt, real bad.
He said if I didn't update my blog, I would lose all the five thousand followers I have.
I admit, I've been lame. I've lost my mojo, as Colin would put it.
In an effort to keep my loyal followers following, I'll give you an update on the happenings in the Brooke house, but without any pictures.
I know it's not the same without my Cutie's pictures in your face,
but it will have to do.
Here it goes...

* Justin and I are going to Cabo in June. Since we are going to a sunny spot with beaches,
margaritas, and pools, Justin decided we're going on a diet. Actually we don't call
it a diet, we call it a lifestyle change. It helps me cope with not eating foods I love,
such as hamburgers, pasta, and anything Mexican.  You see, if I call it a diet I tend to want it eat more. By calling it a lifestyle change, I can still eat those items, but in moderation. Basically, instead of blogging, my mind has been preoccupied with learning how to create healthy meals and lots of salads.


* Everyone knows that to lose weight there is more to it than just eating healthy. My girlfriend Megan told me that exercise is the most important component. To help reach our goal, we knew exercise was going to be a huge part in our new lifestyle. With that said, we are now the proud members of LA Fitness in Tacoma. (We withdrew our membership from the YMCA, for those keeping track.) Justin takes exercising seriously. I, on the other hand, do not. I've never really exercised. I played sports growing up, and in high school my membership to the Y was really for gossip sessions. I never lifted weights, avoided treadmills and bikes, and only recently got to know what the big balls are for (heads out of the gutter people). I flirted with the elliptical in college, but that was only because my friends were doing it and it was before Yoga class. So, to sum up we've joined the gym and now my days are filled with getting fit. I'm exhausted!

* I joined the gym to enroll in some classes. I wanted something to break up the treadmill and bike training sessions Justin has me doing. I've officially decided classes are not what they're cracked up to be. The only one I enjoy is Yoga. The one I hate the most is Body Works Plus Abs. And since I hate it, Justin has built that into my workout schedule. Did I mention he is serious about working out and losing weight???? I only hope that the final results come Cabo time are worth all the pain and suffering!

* We're not just obsessing about our weight and workout schedules, we're also in the planning stage of our outside projects. With Spring right around the corner, we have a ton of work to do on our house. Our list includes reseeding new grass in the front and backyard, planting new plants, painting the house (one more coat on the back/side), replacing the fence in the backyard, laying a patio, and building a patio cover. I'm looking through books and surfing the web for ideas. Got any? Send suggestions my way.

That's what Justin and I have been up to. What about Ryan?

* Ryan has been enjoying the indoor park (that's what we call the play area at the gym). It looks very similar to the play area at Discovery Village.

* He learned to ride the bike BY HIMSELF. When I was cooking dinner the other night, Ryan was jumping up and down, clapping. He said "I did it, Mommy! I did it!" I congratulated him, not knowing what his accomplishment was, and asked if he would show me. He got on his bike and started riding it. Not his tricycle, his BIG BOY BIKE. I didn't teach him. Justin didn't teach him. He did it...just him! I'm so proud. I have to admit, I'm feeling a little guilty/sad I didn't get to teach him. I'll post some pictures later.

* Ryan continues to be a rockstar when it comes to Project Potty. There have been only two accidents since we started "training". Ryan got it from the moment we asked him to go on the big boy potty. Ryan even gets up in the middle of the night to go potty. Afterwards, he goes back to bed - HIS bed. Like I said, Ryan is a Rockstar!!!!

* Catholic Schools week ended, and I'm still confused as to which school I'll send Ryan too. I, oh excuse me, we decided Ryan will go to Rainy Dayz one more year. I guess I'll have one more year to decide between St Patrick's or St Charles, and one more year to save :)

Well, that's what's happening in our house. I'll charge my camera (another reason I stopped blogging), and get back into the groove of things. After all, I miss it!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the update! I have been wondering what you crazy kids have been up to! Look forward to seeing some pics!

NickandKatieAdams said...

Busy times at the Brooke household. I've started working out at Elev8 Fitness on Proctor. It's pretty hard but I love it. I got a 5 in the morning so I don't miss any Max time and I don't have to dread going to the gym all day. Wish I had a Cabo as a motivator!