Today is your first day of school. Like real school. Where you'll be for the next 10 years of your life school.
You'll meet new friends, new teachers. You'll have a whole new classroom that's so inviting to learn, I even want to stay.
You'll walk down the halls in a place that's safe, imaging yourself as older, who your next teacher will be, and you'll actually want homework.
You'll play new sports in PE, sing songs in Music class, and make pretty creations in Art class.
Everyone, lately has been asking why I'm willing to pay for an education. Why I'm sending you to Catholic school. Why I'm not crying about taking you to your first day of school. Sure your Dad and I are sacrificing to send you to school, but your early education and experiences are worth more than they charge. I will never regret it. I'm sending you to Catholic school because I believe in the Catholic foundation. Period. And as far as me crying*, it's because I met my lifelong friend at preschool. I'm excited to walk into your classroom knowing that these are the kids that will be with you through most of your childhood schooling. That one of them could potentially be your longest, most bestest friend of all time. That one could be your "brother" from another mother. See, I'm excited not sad!
Ryan, enjoy it. Every minute of it.
* Editors note: When I saw the shear joy in Ryan's eyes during school, it made my heart go pitter patter and tears filled my eyes. So I guess I did have tears on his first day of school. His happiness is my happiness.




1 comment:
This is so sweet Chrissy.
Post a Comment