Monday, September 26, 2011

Got caught

A few days ago, 
Justin & I decided that we wouldn't buy anymore toys (especially Transformers) for Ryan since his birthday is coming up. 


So today,
Ryan and I went to Target to pick up one item, which of course turned into two items to avoid a meltdown. 
Don't hate, bribery is the only tool I have when I'm tired, sick, and don't feel like reasoning with a toddler the "correct" way

Me: Ryan don't tell daddy we bought a new transformer, ok? Mommy can't buy you this if you tell.

Ryan: Ok Mommy. It's a secret?

Me: Yes, a big secret.

Two hours later.

Justin: What's this? Ryan, you must of gotten a new Transformer!?!


Ryan: Silent and quickly turns to me


Me: What? Why would you think that?


Justin: The directions are on the couch. 


Ryan: It's new!


Me: Oh no, that's because I made the Transformer into the truck. Ryan thinks it's new because it looks different.


Justin: Oh good, your Mom bought this one.


Me: Smiled and pretended to look up something on the DVR. 


Ryan: Daddy, can I tell you a secret?


Justin: Sure, what?


Ryan: Momma bought it!


Me:  Speechless.