Saturday, November 27, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

Justin & I were certain we were going to purchase a new Christmas tree this year. We appreciate real trees, but it's so much easier to have a fake one.

When Ryan was born, Justin went out and bought a $25 fake tree. Yes, you read it right, $25. And believe me, it really looks like a $25 tree.
Note: the top of the tree got damaged in the box.
Even though its not the perfect tree, or the prettiest tree, or even a full tree, it has worked for us the last four years.

On Black Friday, Justin and I set out to buy the prettiest and most perfect tree for our house. Unfortunately, as the day went on and our money started to dwindle, I got second thoughts about this purchase.
I figured we could get one more year out of the one we already own. It will be fine.
So that was that.

When we woke up this morning, we decided to decorate the tree.

And by we, I mean Ryan decorated it because he's a big boy

As I was unwrapping some of the ornaments, Justin kept asking me what I was smiling about. All my ornaments bring back memories, like the first time Justin and I spent Christmas together as a married couple


and became parents...

Oh and our most beautiful, perfect gift of all...

Our baby Ryan
Our first time we spent Christmas as a family in our new house.

(Its a honey-to-do-list Santa - umm CUTE!)

And, I can't forget the memory of Ryan falling in love with his favorite pals...

and 

Decorating the Christmas tree is one of my favorite things to do. And, even though our tree isn't perfect, I have the most perfect ornaments!
Thanks Ryan for decorating the tree for me! It looks great!


No comments: