(Don't make fun...I know it says Thai. It tastes the same as the Indian curry sauce)
Justin and I love curry! My Dad introduced Indian food to Justin a few years ago, and now Gateway to India is one of our favorite restaurants. Since it's a week night, meaning I have little time to actually eat at a restaurant, I decided to try out this sauce. So, I cooked some chicken up, chopped it in my favorite food chopper (buy it here), and added it to the sauce...
When I added it to the sauce, I didn't turn on the heat at first. I let the chicken soak up some of the sauce. I placed my uncooked rice in my favorite rice cooker (buy it here), and put it in the microwave. As that was cooking perfectly, I turned the chicken and sauce up to medium heat. When it started to lightly boil, I turned it down just a tad. At this point, the rice was done, so I put a lid on the chicken and let it simmer. Less than five minutes later, it looked like this:
(Sorry about the shadows)
So, all together, it was one of the simplest meals I have made.
I hope you like it as much as Justin...
Seriously, Justin like it!
PS. When we have curry, I typically make Vegetables Samosas. Tonight, I opted not too, since I didn't have a lot of time to cook.
Happy Cooking!
2 comments:
Yum! I'm picking some up next time I am at Trader Joe's! Thanks for sharing!
Ditto!
Post a Comment